Saturday, September 25, 2010

Creativity

Hi Everyone…and Amber :)

We have had some crazy weeks!! The Center is keeping me very busy! I am trying to do a little more marketing to get some more business, we are doing good without new business, but it would be nice to have sign ups pick up a bit. We hosted a table at our church ministry fair and that got us out there a little more. It was great but it was a lot of work for me for those of you who know me, you know I don’t just throw things on a table. I of course had to set up a HUGE display…and then I got to clean it up :) I forgot to take a picture of it but instead here is a picture of our new banner that is on the outside of the building. I think it is pretty cool, but I did design the lay out for  it :)

banner The ministry fair was last weekend so our weekend was pretty much shot…so this weekend we have been taking it easy. I went to my favorite home decor store today to see if they had anything fun and ran into these adorable wood pumpkins that she had……..

LT pumpkins

only I lifted the price tag to see that they wanted WAY too much for them. But the more I looked at them the more I though Matt could build those and I could paint them!! So I snapped a picture with my phone and away I went. I was able to convince Matt to do a project today and we got to work building them, and made them twice as big as the ones that they had at the store! Here are the ones that we built before the paint job….

ours before paint

By building our own out of scrap wood that Matt had in the garage, I got 2 of them for $14!!!!!! Now we are talking!!!! It was a fun project for me and Matt to do too!!

Here is the big one after I painted it … (it is 2.5 feet tall!)

big paint

We are going to light them and put them on the porch! I am so excited about them!!!!

Well I know you all would rather know about the smaller Davis’ so let’s get on with the kid update huh….

TY DAVIS

Ty is doing…better!! As most of you know he was recently stripped of all luxury items and sent to exile island! LOL He has since earned his things back and besides being to rough with his sister and the occasional not listening and the all too often back talking he is doing better…. He has become a pumpkin farmer :) We put a pumpkin patch out along the creek and we have 6 really good sized pumpkins! It is going to be VERY fun to have our own pumpkins from our patch to carve! A couple of them are HUGE!! Here he is with one of them….

Ty pumpkins

LYLA DAVIS

Lyla is doing good I think she MAY have gotten over the screaming thing but I am not totally sure yet!! She is one Spicy little girl! She is getting big and her hair is growing so much we have had to venture into pigtails…just to keep it out of her face! She loves her daddy, her brother, suckers, and driving her mom crazy! Here are some pictures…..

PIGTAILS

I put pigtails in her hair and a clip in her bangs so that it is all pinned back…but she pulls the clip out and tries to eat it, lucky for us for the most part the pigtails do the trick…And she has not swallowed any clips….YET! Our Children’s Pastor John calls her BOO with her pigtails in…:) BOO is the little girl from the movie Monsters Inc.

pic 1

Her dad introduced her to suckers and good luck taking one away!!!!!!!!!!!!

pic 2

 So that is the current happenings of the Davis family. We are looking forward to Halloween and having some family visit! Lyla will be dedicated at church on Halloween and we are so blessed that Juan will be the pastor dedicating her! If you are in the neighborhood of College Church on Halloween please join us!!

0 comments: