It has been a long time since I have posted. I have been VERY busy and things are just going to get worse. But it is my favorite time of the year! So I thought the blog needed some Holiday Cheer too! We put up the tree this last weekend and the kids are loving it. Lyla is especially loving it and has added the word tree to her list of words she says! :) It is the cutest thing EVER!
I thought I would also take this opportunity to update everyone on the upcoming events of our family! While we are looking forward to Christmas, January is fast approaching. January will be a very busy time for us. I will be entering the STEP program at NNU on January 10th and will be in class two nights a week. It will be a huge adjustment for our family but it will be great for me to finally do it.
And As some of you know this January (January 8th)Matt will be going on a work and witness trip with our church (College Church of the Nazarene, Nampa ID) to Papua New Guinea. Matt will be going along with what they are calling “The Dream Team” from our church. There is a school in Papua New Guinea to train people to be pastors and currently they have to turn people away because there is not enough housing. They have started construction on a dormitory but have not been able to finish it because they have not had the people with the skills to finish it. Our church has several great guys who are skilled in construction, some of them business owners in the community or working for good companies here like Matt does…hence “The dream team.”
Matt and I have been preparing for this trip for a while now. He has been getting shots and renewed his passport. And we have been slowly shopping for the items he will need. This will be a great opportunity for Matt and he will be doing something very important. But as a family we find ourselves excited and a little nervous. Matt will be gone for two weeks from January 8th -22nd. Many of you who are seasoned travelers might think to yourselves so what, but Matt and the kids and I have not been away from each other very much. And neither of us has traveled outside the country since we had our kids.
Please join us in this journey that we begin in January by praying for our family! Pray for Matt that he has a peace about this trip and that he will be able to go and not worry about me and the kids. Pray for me and the kids that we can get through this time without him and that Lyla does not go nuts without her dad, she is just a LITTLE attached! And please pray for me as I start school and make this crazy leap to make life even more busy than it already is. :) We love everyone and thank everyone for their love and support!
0 comments:
Post a Comment