Friday, April 1, 2011

Boise Rock School

I randomly came across an add in the Boise Paper for a place called the Boise Rock School several weeks ago it was an add for their Spring Break Camp. So I spoke to Ty and his best buddy Ethan’s family (who has also shown interest in music) and we signed them up. After the first day the boys came home saying it was more than awesome. By the second day I witnessed Ty singing, playing drums, and playing the guitar! They also did some original song writing. It was just amazing!! The only downside is that it is in downtown Boise so it takes us 30 min to get there. So you know me….I spoke with the owners about coming to Nampa! They are in! We are coordinating for them to come to Nampa in July and do a summer camp! We will market it along with our summer school age program. Anyway, Ty loved it and we will try and continue to fan this flame!! They offer some weekend and evening classes but we will need to think about that when baseball is over... Here are some videos of him playing at their final concert today. The Safari one is their original song that they wrote…Ty plays the drums.

This one is a little ditty you might recognize ….Ty plays an awesome guitar on this one! That is Ty's best buddy Ethan on the Drums!

Please excuse that gum in his mouth!!! It was driving me nuts while I was watching him!!! This one is called Forget You...It was Ty's choice for them to do this song...Sorry, Mikey the other camper kind of gets in the way of the view of Ty on this one!

0 comments: