Monday, October 20, 2008

Our little smarty pants!

After a few weeks of kindergarten, Ty came home with his first work from school and while going through it I realized that the SRA curriculum they are using here is the exact same level as he was taught in preschool in Daly City. So I called his teacher and just talked with her about how he was doing. I informed her that he was reading and had been for sometime. After I told her this she decided to check Ty and his reading. So she gave him a book and asked him to read it to her. She said I got out my paper and my pencil and was ready to write down how many mistakes he made during the reading of the book. Well she said she was just in awe when she didn't have to write down any mistakes...yes that would be ZERO mistakes!!! She called in the reading specialist to test him and Ty tested to a 1.8 which means he is at 1st grade level 8th month of first grade...So close to 2nd grade.

After a week or two his teacher wanted to try and challenge him a bit more and so she asked the computers teacher to test him. (if he test a certain level in computers he gets to play tougher reading games.) Well on the computer test he tested at 2.3...meaning second grade 3rd month of second grade. So after this came back myself, the teacher and the principle began to meet, and discuss option for challenging Ty more. Today I met with the principle one more time and we have decided that Ty will go full time now (Kinder is just part time) He will essentially be going to 1st grade in the morning, during the majority of their reading time, and he will attended kinder in the afternoon as normal, to keep him with his peers. What he is most excited about is that he gets to do specials (which is gym, computers and music) twice a day! So he is so excited! The only thing he is bummed about is that he won't start this schedule until next week! :) So we are just in awe of him and his amazing brain. He is such a blessing every day and I can't wait to see how he handles this. I know he is going to do great!

Anyway I knew you all would hate me if I didn't include some pictures so here are some from J-Rob's girlfriends birthday party. (She is the one Ty is in love with) We went to Cheesecake Factory and Ty had a blast. He was the only kid so he got all the attention...and of course ate it up!!



Ty, J-Rob and Stef....


Wearing Moyer's Motorcycle Helmet...

Moyer and Ty being silly...

Me and Matt... (side note: we started dating 10 years ago today! can you believe it!!)

Being a freakin' genius is so tiring!!!
Anyway keep Ty kid in your prayers on Monday, it is going to be a big day he is going to be a little fish in a big pond.

0 comments: