Thursday, January 28, 2010

D.o I.t Y.ourself Projects

The favorit pass time for me and Matt is doing projects around the house. Lucky for me when I say to Matt how about we paint this wall this way, or when I say could you build me this, he usually says sure. In the last two weeks we finished 2 projects that we were working on. The first was this wonderful coat tree that Matt built me. With me watching kids at home right now, the kids come in and toss their coats and backpacks on the floor by the front door it was this big pile of mess in front of our front door. But now it is all in it's place in this fantastic piece of furniture!


This is what it looks like with the kids stuff all over it, but at least it is not my floor :)


The other project that we did was painting the play room, since it is right off of the living room I wanted to keep with the colors of the living room, but I wanted to give it a casual feel and something fun for the kids as well since we are using it as a playroom. I saw a picture of a grid pattern that someone used in a boys nursery and so we thought we would do it...We did ditch the grid and just put up the squares so that it looked like a random pattern of squares on the wall. Here is what it came out looking like.

BEFORE:



And AFTER:


Don't worry we kept the kid but got a new cover for the futon...



Pictures never do a good paint job justice but we like it!

2 comments:

dkellerer said...

very cool and FUN!

dkellerer said...

Beautiful piece of furniture, good job Matt!