It was a wonderful Christmas for our family! It was simple and sweet. My favorite part was Ty helping me to make some goodies in the kitchen! We had loads of fun! We put Christmas music on my iPod in the kitchen and Ty and I sang while we worked :) I love it when he wants to help me in the kitchen!

We started off by opening our presents on Christmas eve and having family and friends over to play games. Auntie Irene bought Ty Lego Rock Band for Christmas,...He had been DYING to get that game, so he was SO excited when he opened that present!!

Lyla was VERY interested in opening presents!! She probably just loved the paper but it was very fun to watch her so intently look at it and want to touch it. Her favorite present was a little toy purse that Jenny got her! THAT'S MY GIRL!! Getting her started on a love of accessories early :) 
We have started a tradition in our house of giving jammies on Christmas eve so that we wear new jammies to bed. I tried to get pictures of Lyla in her new jammies this year, we got her some fun baby's first Christmas jammies. But let's say she didn't really want to take pictures in her new jammies. But this picture still makes me smile!
On Christmas Day I dressed her up in her first Christmas dress, it was lots of fun!! And lucky for me she was a little more interested in taking pictures in that outfit :)


Matt got a new toy for Christmas too...it was really for both of us, but we all know who REALLY wanted it!! But I do have to say it looks pretty cool hanging in our bedroom. He does pretty good work ;)
We had a lot of fun! Matt discovered that his vacation at work was use it or lose it, so he had to take off several days, which was a nice little treat to have Matt home and not be terrified about how the bills were going to get paid. The guy deserves a freakin' award because he has worked at Dillabough's since Aug of 08' and has only taken 2 days off work and one was the day after I had Lyla! Those are days by choice, he has had others because of not having any work to do :( But he has not even been sick in all of that time! I think that is AMAZING! I am married to a pretty great man!
Tomorrow we will begin gearing up to get back in the swing of things. Ty goes back to school on Monday and I will have to start back at school in a couple of weeks. We hope that everyone that we know and love had a wonderful Christmas and that you have an amazing 2010!
0 comments:
Post a Comment