Monday, December 21, 2009

Ms. Albre's Christmas Party

Since the kids are out of school we had our Christmas Party today! Ty and I planned a bunch of stuff for the kids to do and we had a GREAT time!! We started out the morning by writing letters to Santa, and getting started on the coloring contest that we were going to have.
They COULD NOT WAIT to open the presents that I got them! They were begging me all morning to open them.
If you know the right people...Santa makes house calls! :) The kids were SHOCKED when Santa knocked on the front door and came inside to hear what they wanted for Christmas. They each took their turn sitting on his lap and telling him what they want...Sorry Wolf's and Tindall's there were a lot of American Girl dolls involved! They also gave him the letters that they wrote him. Here they are with Santa...

Allison...
Andi...
Jayden...
Alivia...
Anna...

Lyla was okay with Santa! Which is pretty impressive since she is not so sure about new people. She did great!
Oddly Ty was not interested in Santa, he said several times, "that's Papa", but still would not go anywhere near him! But when Santa got up to leave he did give him a fist bump.

After Santa left I told them we could open them FINALLY!...

Breaking into the presents!

I got a great deal on Jammies for all the kids the day after thanksgiving! I bought all the girls iCarly jammies, and I got Ty a pair of Mario Cart jammies. They loved them. I was a little worried they would be disappointed by them since for weeks now they have been looking at their presents speculating what was inside... What they were dreaming of was way better than jammies. :)
Funny Faces!!
The kids love this show called iCarly(hence the jammies)! They ask me to turn it on every day after school and on the show they always eat Spaghetti Tacos. Sounds crazy but I told the kids that during Christmas break we would have Spaghetti Tacos for lunch so we enjoyed them today. They were pretty good. Here are pictures of the kids enjoying Spaghetti tacos. Oh and here is the SHOCKER....Ty ATE them!!!But I didn't get a picture so I don't have proof. :(




Last, we made "Muddy Buddies" Chex Mix! The kids loved it, they all helped and then they all loved eating it! Mmmmm! ...Except TY!...Here they all are while cooking...

It was a FANTASTIC day! I am so blessed that these families are in our life and that by watching these wonderful children I am able to stay home! It is so great to have some kids in my home that I really look forward to having here!! They are such wonderful kids!! I have so much fun with them!

0 comments: