Sunday, May 24, 2009

Becoming a helpful Big Brother.

We have been working on Lyla's room for the last couple of weekends. I got a little crazy with my decorating ideas so it is quite the work. Nothing that Matt Davis can't handle. My mom and I did most of the painting. Today Matt is installing a picture mold about 5 ft up the wall. Ty is being a big helper! He is getting pretty excited about having his sister here. Grammie asked him if she could trade him something for Lyla. And Ty told her "No, that Lyla was going to be pretty special to him, and that he wanted to keep her." He felt her move for the first time yesterday, and got a huge smile on his face and then shouted "I felt her kick!" It was pretty cool. Then later on while I was sitting on the couch he would just come up next to me and put his hand on my stomach. She didn't move again though. Here are some pictures of the Best Big Brother helping with her room...

Picking up molding materials at Home Depot...

Helping Daddy make cuts...He didn't like the noise so we stuck some headphones on him...

Helping Daddy put some nails in the wall with a nail gun...and a better shot of his priceless ear protection! I think it is mental :)

And I am pretty sure moments after I took these pictures, he said he was done and asked to go play Wii...He has a ONE track mind!! I will post more pictures of her room once we are done, but I will warn you that the camera does not do the colors justice, they are really really cute...come over anytime and see it in the flesh! Especially if you live in Colorado or San Francisco, we would love to see you :)

1 comments:

Joaquin said...

there is not nearly as much pink in the room as i would expect for the daughter of albre davis. c'mon! i invested in the stock of all things pink in the state of idaho expecting a huge spike in the numbers - you're killing me.