Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Now THAT is a good deal!

So as many of you know I have become what they call a "couponer"! My best friend Joye and I figure out how to stack deals at the stores along with manufactures coupons we find in the paper and on the web. It has become a hobby for Joye and I, and we are having a blast figuring it all out and finding good deals at the different stores. I know it sounds nuts but the proof is in the pudding. Here is the deal we found today...

Before savings and coupons all of this would have cost...$91.22

we only paid $9.10!!!!

Here is what we got:
5 cases of Root Beer, 1 box of Wheat thins, 2 bottles of coffee mate creamer, 1 box of graham crackers, 1 bottle of salad dressing, 2 bottles of shaving cream, 1 bottle of tabasco sauce, 1 pack of marshmallows, 1 6pack of chocolate candy bars, 1 bottle of BBQ sauce, 1 snack pack of mini oreos, 1 bottle of McCormack hamburger spice, 1 jar of peanut butter, 2 boxes of triscuits, and 2 bags of toasted ritz chips!


Ty survived this trip with us, so he wanted in on the end picture! He is a trooper for going with two crazy ladies to Albertson's and following them around while they figure out the deals....

If you are wondering what drew us to this...It was an Oprah show and the many blogs I follow down the right side of our blog! Happy Shopping!

Mom: Matt said "how come you can organize a stack of groceries like that but you can't decorate above the cabinets" :) TOO FUNNY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So just how did you do that exactly??
:)

the Hampton's said...

90% savings baby!! I don't care who ya are..that there is a good deal!! Wooohhoooooo!