Sunday, June 28, 2009

Frugal Birthday

So yesterday was my best buddy Joye's birthday and so she and I had a plan to spend the day shopping then go to an early movie and off to a fun dinner after that. Well as you know Joye and I do our best to spend the least amount of money while we are shopping. So we ended up having a fun day getting carried away finding good deals. You know you have a good friend when you can take her out for her birthday and spend as little as possible and she has a good time! :) So here is some of the stuff we got.Here is a picture of my loot:


I got 4 new t-shirts for Matt, 2 new pairs of flip flops for Ty, 1 new Razor for Matt (retail: 8.99) 2 things of Degree Deodorant, Gillette Body wash, a pair of pants, and a pair of shorts for Lyla, and a snickers bar.
For all of this I paid $14.58!! Plus I got a $5 target gift card back for buying the razor & body wash! So if you think about it I only paid $9.58!! The only problem with this picture is that all I got was the snickers bar!
Joye did pretty good too! She got all this stuff for $0.60!!!


So after our frugal shopping trip we went off to see The Proposal at the movie theater. Oh but that was a frugal deal too because I had some free movie tickets that I earned by buying some Axe shower gel at Walgreen's! So we got into the movie for FREE! And after the movie we went out to dinner. No coupons or good deals there though, just good food and friends. It was a great day!! Here is a picture of Ty laying in front of the restaurant. He has been spending a lot of time at the pool, so he has been so tired in the evenings! Not hard to put him to bed right now!

and here is me and my frugal companion:HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYE!

1 comments:

the Hampton's said...

Thanks for the awesome Birthday Albre!! P.S. I noticed how you conveniently didn't mention our snack bar purchase. Shhhh...thats just between you and me.